Novi, MI asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Michigan

Q: I have full physical and legal custody of my twin boys. My ex just got unsupervised visits after 6 yrs of supervised.

Now after 3 visits my twin 15 year old boys are acting up, vandalizing the school and running away. My ex had picked the boys up (not for her visitation) and did not let me know. Police had to go to her residence to bring them home. They ran away again after the police left. What can I do with this. These issues were not there before she got unsupervised visits.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maureen Martin Caster
Maureen Martin Caster
  • Swartz Creek, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You should file a motion asking the court to go back to supervised parenting time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.