North Pole, AK asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Alaska

Q: I live in alaska and parental rights where taken from me. Is there any way i can get my rights back.

My daughter is with her dads mom. She adoted her and she wont let me see her. I want to be apart of my daughters life. I would give anything to be apart of her life again. This is killing me inside. Please if there is anything i can do let me know. Thank you for your time. And god bless.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stefan Otterson
Stefan Otterson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Anchorage, AK
  • Licensed in Alaska

A: The adoptive parent has exactly the same rights as a parent. As the biological parent, you have no more rights than any unrelated person. Your best bet is to work with the adoptive parent, so that she will voluntarily allow you to have visits. If that's not possible, you may have no recourse, as long as the adoptive parent is providing minimally adequate care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.