Logan, UT asked in DUI / DWI for Utah

Q: Hi there my name is Victor and I have a DUI question about getting my license in another state. From CA to Utah.

Months before moving from CA to Utah I was charged with my second DUI (got it taken care of before moving) and as you already know that my license was suspended for up to 2 years. Now it is close to being 2 years and I need to know if there is more information than what I already know about getting my license in Utah. I was excused from having to do the classes in CA unless I move back, then I would have to complete the 18 month classes before getting my license again. I was not required to have the interlock system installed but worry that Utah will enforce it even though the judge didnt assign it in CA. I have a Request for a termination of action application I need to send off to CA DMV and really my question is more about this application and a little more clarification about the required info I need to provide. Thank you for your time and hopefully I understand this form more clearly after this.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • St. George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: I am not clear on your question. However, if you are not allowed to get a DL in CA, UT will not give you one here. So your CA issues must be cleared before then.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.