Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Utah DUI / DWI Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: just need to know if therers an alternate charge for a class a possession charge in utah that does't effect my drive

Mr Aric M Cramer Sr. answered on Jul 18, 2019

Not enough information to answer. Set up a consultation with a local criminal defense attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: I got my first dui and have my first court hearing in 2 days. Will my judge sentence me to jail if I just had back fused

I’m not healed from my back surgery and can’t sleep on concrete, will he send me if I crashed my car but did not harm anybody and I also did not wreck into any other vehicles. This is also my first offense

Mr Aric M Cramer Sr. answered on Apr 18, 2019

You need to get an attorney ASAP. Don' go to court on a DUI without one.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: Should the place that your arrested match where it says on the citation where they arrested you ?

My boyfriend was arrested but on his paper work from the jail it says he was arrested at a different place then where he was.

Mr Aric M Cramer Sr. answered on Oct 3, 2018

It should, but it will not be enough to dismiss the case. Check with an attorney. There may be venue or jurisdictional issues to explore.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Contracts, DUI / DWI and Employment Law for Utah on

Q: I crashed a company vehicle (into dirt) and ended up getting a dui. My employer took damage costs out of my last check?

Is that legal? I never signed a contractual agreement to pay for any damage to company property.

Michael S. Edwards answered on Jul 10, 2018

Well, if you owe them the money for the damage you caused, it seems that they simply applied "self-help," and got the money back from you quickly through your check. I don't know that there is any legal action you can bring to recover the money, unless you truly don't owe the money to them.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: When the "required bond amount" states that it has been cleared by judicial sentencing/order what does that mean?

A family member was arrested for intoxication over the weekend. They are still on bench probation for a prior incident and no one in the family would bail them out, for good reason. Just curious if the bond being cleared by judicial sentencing/order means that they will be doing more time since it... Read more »

Mark Edwards answered on Apr 25, 2018

I would need more detail to answer this question. The court can issue a own recognizance release, and there may be something else holding him. I would think that since the case is new that they are still compiling paperwork. Call a good lawyer to look it up.

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: DUI, had court ordered therapy, therapist wont provide proof until insurance pays. Is this contempt?

I had a DUI a little more than 10 months ago. Court is asking for proof of complition, although therapist wont until my insurance claim goes through. The court is thretening a bench warrant if not provided within a day or two. Is this considered contempt?

Mr Aric M Cramer Sr. answered on Apr 4, 2018

Contempt on whom? Your question is not clear. Call your attorney to assist you.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: I got charged with dui 6yrs ago which i nevef got arrested for but got let got and then i git recent warrent out for me

But i called to pay the tixket but they set me up a court date! What can i except at my courr date?

Michael S. Edwards answered on Mar 8, 2018

You need to hire a lawyer to help you with this. The fact that it happened so long ago might be used to your advantage. But a DUI case is too complex to handle alone. Consult with a good criminal defense attorney as soon as you can!

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: Can the imposition of a restricted license for a PerSe arrest be removed or set aside if the subsequent DUI charge was

dismissed by a court of law?

Michael S. Edwards answered on Feb 22, 2018

Your question cannot be answered with a simple yes or no. If this is your first DUI offense within the past 10 years, and if your license was suspended for 120 days (a per se suspension), then if your DUI charge is dismissed in the criminal court, then the Driver License Division should reinstate... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: Hi there my name is Victor and I have a DUI question about getting my license in another state. From CA to Utah.

Months before moving from CA to Utah I was charged with my second DUI (got it taken care of before moving) and as you already know that my license was suspended for up to 2 years. Now it is close to being 2 years and I need to know if there is more information than what I already know about getting... Read more »

Mr Aric M Cramer Sr. answered on Jan 30, 2018

I am not clear on your question. However, if you are not allowed to get a DL in CA, UT will not give you one here. So your CA issues must be cleared before then.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: I was pulled over for a DUI I did not go to jail nor a hospital and the cops called an ambulance to come and take my

Blood that's it no ride, I just received a bill in the mail saying I must pay for the ambulance. Is there anything I can do?

William Head answered on Aug 4, 2017

"That its no ride", I don't comprehend.

If you required medical treatment, it is your bill. If no insurance to cover it, then call up to get a payment plan, to repay it over time.

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: If I got arrested for DUI does that mean I will have a conviction on my record?

Mr Aric M Cramer Sr. answered on Oct 25, 2016

Not unless you are convicted.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Utah on

Q: arrested for a dui in idaho I was not driving the cops pulled me out of the passenger seat so can they convict me of dui

Michael Swensen answered on Sep 23, 2015

I'm not sure what the question is here. However, if you were in fact in the passenger seat that would mean at least one other person was in the vehicle. This other individual can testify that you were in fact a passenger in the vehicle. Nonetheless, if you were intoxicated and in the vehicle you... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.