South Pittsburg, TN asked in Education Law and Juvenile Law for Tennessee

Q: I have a 15 year old grandson who at 14 was kicked out of school for the year. After this he has spiraled out of control

Moved into a house with a 13 year old and has had a baby with her. His mother is a flake and has done nothing about it. DCS was called on them and he was ordered not to live there but to be at home. The problem being his mother is never there. My question is how do I go about getting him out of the girls home now because he feels he has to take care of his "family". He was a straight A student before getting kicked out but now he doesn't do any of his homeschooling and I can't do anything about that because we are so far away from each other. I feel as if he is experiencing that Stockholm syndrome. He has lowered his standards to be with this girl. Can you help me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marjorie A Bristol
Marjorie A Bristol
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Goodlettsville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You can file a petition for custody of him. You should consult a lawyer who can review all of the facts and advise you regarding your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.