Mansfield, OH asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: Anyway to fight for custody of a relative child in ohio?

Mother doesn't have full custody..sister has temp custody because CPS pulled kids due to drug use. Mother can have supervised visits. I have child 90% of time. Sister doesn't really want to raise child but I do. Child will be 6 months old i have been getting here since she was 3 weeks old. I have her 4 to 6 days a week now. Is there any lawyer or court that would grant this even if mother won't agree? Please advise

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: A court would review all the facts and circumstances and make a decision on what is in the best interest of the child. Use the Find a Lawyer tab and retain a local family law attorney to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.