Waukegan, IL asked in Health Care Law and Landlord - Tenant for Illinois

Q: can i sue apartment complex for Failing to pay hospital bills?

A couple years back I fell outside my apartment complex. It was during winter time and they didn’t clean not salted the parking lot. I took pictures and doctors/hospital paperwork. They said they were taking care of it. As of right now I thought everything but one bill was good but two years later I get an invoice with my charges. I can’t never get a hold of this people. How can I take care of it?

1 Lawyer Answer
Steve McCann
Steve McCann
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You can file a lawsuit against the complex and/or property management company, but only if it is within 2 years from the date of the incident. If it is inside of 2 years, consult with an attorney immediately. IF it is outside of 2 years, you may not have any options for recovery, as the statute of limitations has expired.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.