Wilbraham, MA asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Massachusetts

Q: Hi, I was personally injured at work and have been out of work due to injury for a week. Do I apply for workmans comp?

I dislocated my knee carrying a child downstairs performing job duties and reported incident to supervisior. Do not know if I am covered by workmans compensation for this or what course to pursue

2 Lawyer Answers
David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: An injury is covered under worker's compensation if the worker is injured during the course and scope of employment. It would appear that your injury would be covered by worker's compensation. You should contact a local worker's compensation attorney to discuss your legal rights and recommended courses of action.

Steven A. Schwartz
Steven A. Schwartz
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: It certainly sounds like worker's compensation laws apply here. Worker's compensation should pay for your medical bills as well as a worker's compensation wage for time you need to be out of work. There are more details about that, but that is the general answer for you. I suggest you contact a worker's compensation expert to discuss your options and what you may be entitled to.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.