Wixom, MI asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Michigan

Q: My husband pays $907 a month in child support. Wife refuses him parenting time. What can we do or can we sign off.

The last order says parenting time is agreed upon. But if they are forced to come over the kids will act out and cause major problems. The children asked us to sign off.

1 Lawyer Answer
Maureen Martin Caster
Maureen Martin Caster
  • Swartz Creek, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Each time his parenting time is refused, he needs to file a complaint with the Friend of the Court. He should also file a motion for an actual parenting time schedule so he knows which days are his. You can't just "sign off" parental rights. This is only done in two circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.