Manhattan, KS asked in Immigration Law for Kansas

Q: Are citizens expected to report to authorities for an "anchor baby" situation?

We know a couple who arrived just a week ago and the wife is fully pregnant (8 months, at least). At least, the wife is going to stay here until the end of March. What (if any) should we do? The husband, who just arrived with her, is heading back home in two days on some family emergency in Dubai and planning on coming back some time in March.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maya King
Maya King
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • North Kansas City, MO
  • Licensed in Kansas

A: It depends on her visa status. She can apply for an extension if she needs to stay longer. You should talk to a lawyer to make sure all your questions are answered.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.