Asked in Car Accidents for Oklahoma

Q: OK my car slid off the road 5 days ago not a mile from my home I went back a few hours later to pull it out of the ditch

Well when I got back there a state cop towed my car and is trying to say I was drunk he's got my wife's car on hold and says she ain't getting it back until I turn myself in and go to jail well I'm on probation and I'm freaking out thinking that because I had a wreck I'm going to prison

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Peter N. Munsing

  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Well worth your getting at least a consult with an attorney who handles criminal cases as the potential charges are serious even if the policeman acted wrongly.

Do that ASAP

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.