Winter Haven, FL asked in DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: Can a case get dismissed if the name on the DUI citation is different than the name on the official case

They misspelled my middle name. The spelling on my citation is different than the name that was booked in the jail. Therefore The case is State of Florida vs Wrong Name. I am looking for a technicality to dismiss the case.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: It's not that easy. Technical errors like those are allowed to be cured by amendment and are not fatal to the State's case. Additionally, they have your booking photo and the arresting officer will ID you in court, so that's not going to help.

Focus on the merits of the State's case with an attorney skilled in DUI defense.

Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.