Oxford, AL asked in Personal Injury, Employment Discrimination and Medical Malpractice for Alabama

Q: If I believe I have a case against a doctor for over prescribing opioid pain medication and benzodiazepines, what's next

From aprox 2005 thru 2014 I was prescribed high doses of hydrocodone, oxycodone, and benzodiazepines by same doctor. At one time receiving demoral injections if requested.

These injections were stopped.

Supposedly, said doctor and wife at time, were injecting themselves with demoral, but I do not know all details.

I had 3 back surgeries, and strength of narcotics increased over course of 5 years.

Lost job of 20 years, marriage of 21 years, and reputation as a result of consequent addiction.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Problem in your case will be the statute of limitations. Look for an attorney member of the Ala. Assn for Justice who handles medical cases--they give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.