Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Alabama

Q: I found out my son isnt mine and no we were never married can she have my rights taken away and me taken off the B-certi

We are no longer togeather and she is talking to his biological father

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Robertsdale, AL

A: Have you ever been to court on this? Have you ever been legally found to be the father by a Court? What makes you believe that you have any rights to a child to whom you were never legally adjudicated the father and who was not the child of a marriage. You need to see an attorney who will give you a consultation and get you straight on the facts and the law that applies to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.