Woodbridge, VA asked in Civil Litigation, Health Care Law and Landlord - Tenant for Virginia

Q: My case involves a home health care provider that refused to enter into an agreement with me days after i moved in.

After moving in she and the live in aide engaged in behavior that I considered unprofessional and inappropriate. Even though I paid rent she denied me certain comforts that was afforded to the other occupant of the home. She attempted to evict me but could not prove her case. She pretended to be the owner of the home which i learned later she was not. I want my money back for rent and other fees i incurred because of her fraudulent activities. What type of attorney would i need. I am a disabled 55 year old with limited income and legal aid has not been able to assist.

1 Lawyer Answer
F. Paul Maloof
F. Paul Maloof
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: You should call the Office of Legal Aid for civil matters and ask if they can help you. Sorry that I do not handle this type of case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.