North Bergen, NJ asked in Personal Injury for Florida

Q: I fell into a plate glass window leaving a bar.Mutilated my ear and neck almost died from wound. Can i sue this bar

I was intoxicated and it was the bars street front window.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Brett Steinberg

  • Palm Beach Gardens, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: First of all, I am very sorry this happened to you and I hope you are making a nice recovery from your injuries. That said, the first question that must be answer is: Did the bar owner and/or the owner of the premises create a dangerous condition that caused your accident. Also, was this type of accident foreseeable due to that alleged dangerous condition. Next, it is important to note that Florida is a comparative fault state. That means that if you were under the influence of alcohol when your accident occurred, that fact may shift some percentage of the fault to you. I hope this answers your question.

Stephen Arnold Black

  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: When a bar serves a visibly intoxicated person alcohol, then under the Dram shop laws you may have a case. More facts would be needed to know. Discuss in private with counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.