Washington, MO asked in Products Liability and Medical Malpractice for Missouri

Q: I see so many ads for Depakote lawsuits. I took it from 1989-2013. I have a child with spina bifida.

My dad was a vet exposed to agent orange (seems like it may be relevant eventually) . I also knew the risks of the drug (I read the detailed folded up papers attached to the bottles). My dr was liable by not returning my call around the time of conception while titrating off depakote (for seizures) and on to another drug to tell me the dose changes. I cannot see suing any person over this but my husband is asking. The doctor was most liable, in my opinion, especially since he called me at 23 weeks pregnant to encourage me to change my mind and abort. Is there a simple class action suit where one can just state the drug was taken and get a small amount of money? I don't have time or energy to do anything more.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Contact a member of the Missouri Trial Lawyers assn who handles drug product liability cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.