Redmond, OR asked in Wrongful Death and Medical Malpractice for Oregon

Q: Oncologist admitted chemo round #1; 40%overdose-Taxotere #2 same drug w/adverse allergic side effects #3 life expectancy

How do I sue doctor for malpractice in Oregon? This is 3rd family member, that was a patient. Mom, Dad & Uncle, all passed with this "Dr's care". At scheduled appt for #3 round, was given life expectancy. When my Dad said he was going to go to the Cancer Center in Arizona, Dr. advised not to go anywhere else, as "they follow the same procedures-protocol they do". Given 2wks to 2mos life expectancy. Died in 7 days. Mere 17 mos. after death of Mom. In between chemo rounds had to go back daily for IV @cancer center (needing a driver & wheelchair) hydration, immune support & antibiotics. Not standard. My Dad worked out daily up until Dr. practicing then was too weak to stand up on his own. With advances in Cancer DNA testing, in both patients & type of cancer, a Cancer Center would have found this horrible allergic-type of side effect & not overdose him! He was unable to recover & died. Beside cancer, no health problems, no Rx drugs & worked out daily.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Contact a member of the Oregon Assn for Justice who handles medical cases. They give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.