Asked in Communications Law and Criminal Law for New Hampshire

Q: My kids and I have been recorded in our home with out permission by the neighbor who posted it to public forums along

With our names. He continues repost and send to others via phone and email as well. I'm a single mother of two young girls. I've had non stop problems with this man for over six months. I have filed multiple police reports and have to call the police to the apt at least three times weekly but nothing is being done about it. My landlord refuses to get involved also. What is the best course of action from this point on?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
  • Manchester, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: I don't believe this is a civil rights question, just yet, although it may be, if local law enforcement is not protecting you from someone engaged in criminal activity. I really believe you should vo above thier heads. I'm not sure what town or city you live in, but you could, in the short term, contact your elected representative. The mayor, an alderman or selectmen depending on where you live. They can look into this for you and contact the police department and get them more engegaed. You can also call the attorney generals office and have the police departments refusal to do anything, investigated. Hopefully, the AGs office will take this seriously and at a minimum look into it for you. At some point the landlord may become responsible, goodness forbid, anything happens to you or your family, and the landlord did nothing. In the meantime call the state police or the AGs office. Keep your shades and windows closed, and your doors locked. Safety first until you figure out a way to stop this behavior. Don't stop making calls until someone listens to you. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.