Portland, OR asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for Oregon

Q: after 11 months I recieved a date to modify parenting time and child support. I recieved a default judgement

Judge refused a setover after 2 snow days and 2 of 3 witnesses not able to attend due to closures of school. what form do I use to vacate and set aside the default judgment?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You need to file a motion and order to set aside the default. I don't think there are forms for that. You can also file a new motion to modify parenting time but the Judge may dismiss it stating that the matter has already been ruled on, but the other side would have to ask for a dismissal so a dismissal isn't automatic.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.