Pittsburgh, PA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Identity Theft for Pennsylvania

Q: If my husband Put 24000.00 on MY name only card and now is 2 months behind on payments what are my options Thank you

When I was in the hospital my husband put $24,000.00 on MY name only credit card and signed the balance transfers checks with my name which is fraud and now has quit making the payments for 2 months and they are calling me and I understand and now I somehow want to make him accountable for this money. Is this criminal or is this civil suit? I did not give him permission for these transferred but because I then did not want to go through court for this I said as long as he made the payment I did not file anything with the credit card companies.

1 Lawyer Answer
Zak Taylor Goldstein
Zak Taylor Goldstein
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You could report him to the police or sue him. That is enough money that you may want to consult with a family lawyer. The police probably will not be interested because it is your husband.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.