Lucedale, MS asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Mississippi

Q: My son was transferred from Texas to jackson ms by the Feds. At the last minute we was told he was going to go to court

We do not know where court is or his location his name is kevin charles lawrence what type of court is he having this soon

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: There is no way to actually be sure, without knowing the detailed facts of your case. Sometimes, they are transferred to one state from another when there is a pending action against them in the other state. It could be that he was transferred to MS because he has a pending felony case, perhaps in the circuit court where the underlying crime allegedly occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.