Highland Park, MI asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Divorce for Ohio

Q: i Need help with a divorce case and a second option on an appeal process. And husband not following court orders.

My husband hasn’t paid the house in a year I do have a court order he has to pay it along with spouse support he hasn’t paid me either.

My lawyer is filing an appeal on the divorce decision and we ha t signed the decree yet.

We had trial in October 2017

And today he claims we need to go back for a full hearing.

The court order a decision on listing agent for our home and husband won’t answer their calls. My lawyer was suppose to file an emaergency heering 9 days ago and we still don’t have a court date.

I didn’t get custody or shared parenting or ability to claim my son on taxes but have to pay child support and health care .

My husband is self employed so I can’t garnish him.

He owes me $17,400.

We filed contempt and the judge didn’t have enough evidence to hold him in contempt but said that didnt erase his debt owed to me .

I need help.

And I want my son. More then 11 hours a week. This started in Oct 2016

And it’s taken all this time and I need something to happen.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The divorce process and legal system can be frustrating and slow. You have a lawyer, so discuss this with your lawyer. But the lawyer must follow the legal process, as slow as it is, and not much can be done to speed anything up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.