Jackson, MS asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Mississippi

Q: Was talked. Into doing somethings. Didnt want to do it. Was convinced. Did time. Wamt it off record.

The person that set me up is now willing to tell the truth about how she set me up becouse her mother wanted me locked away. Was begged for over a half an hour. Told her didnt want to do it multiple times. Wouldnt stop begging. Finaly did it so i woild be left alone. Got me giving her $20 worth of weed on video. Cops clame no video of her begging me only the sale. At the time she wouldnt have told the truth. After 15 years she has apologized and said she would tell the truth anout what happend. Only want felony off my record. Have more than one felony. Have no problem with the one befor all this. But didnt deserve this one. All becouse a mother didnt want me with her daughter. Marred her daughter after release and still marred. Have 2 kids. And do not and never have tried to keep wife and kids away from the 2 inlaws that did this to me. We all get along and never speak of it. Is there anything i can do to get it off my record?

1 Lawyer Answer
Baskin Lowber Jones
Baskin Lowber Jones
  • Jackson, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: In some instances a felony or minor in possession charges can be expunged. Expungement removes “all records relating to an arrest, indictment, trial, and finding of guilt, in order to restore one to the status occupied prior thereto….” Stallworth v. State, 160 So. 3d 1161, 1163 (Miss. 2015).

Click on an attorney name in these answers to get contact information on particular attorneys.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.