Selma, AL asked in Child Custody for Alabama

Q: Shared or joint custody how can I ask that my child not be around his gf I have police papers on her for trespassing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Barbara H. Agricola
Barbara H. Agricola
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Opelika, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: you can reach an agreement with your ex stating that when he has visitation of your child, that he cannot have anyone with whom he is romantically involved at the home who is not related by blood or marriage. or you can explicitly state in the agreement that his girlfriend cannot be around the child. or you can state something that specifically targets her. for example, if she has a criminal record, then you can state that no one with a criminal record can be around the child. however, usually these caveats run both ways so you will likely have to follow the same rules that you want him to follow.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.