Royal Oak, MI asked in Social Security for California

Q: My son is a retired Marine who sustained injury in Iraq been denied three time for Social Security disability benefit

has appeal every time he was denied

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Katherine Audrianna Roe
Katherine Audrianna Roe
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Your son should continue to appeal the denial. It's very common for claimants, including disabled veterans to be denied at the initial application and reconsideration levels. Your son's best chance for approval will likely be at the Administrative Hearing Level. I recommend that he contact a Social Security Disability attorney local to his area. A good attorney will help him gather the relevant medical documents and obtain statements from his doctors to submit to Social Security. An attorney will also represent him at the hearing and develop a strong legal theory under Social Security law as to why he should be found disabled.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.