Lodi, WI asked in Contracts, Personal Injury, Traffic Tickets and Civil Litigation for Wisconsin

Q: seeking counsel prior to fighting tickets and also pressing charges on a civilian for damages

there are so many different areas involved i dont know what to do. someone used me not too long ago and i got myself into a situation with traffic tickets and child restraint.... its gone into harasment, threats (veiled and transphopic). this person used my mental health shortcomings against me and lied getting me involved in a situation that led to 2 traffic tickets. after he agreed to pay them he has become hostile and threating, trying to use my previous drug abuse against me by offering me class a drugs (adderall) and marijuana in exchange for personal favors

and i have 90% of all of this. I am doing poorly at trying to explain everything. I am in serious need of advice prior to trying to fight the tickets and i am not making any sense.

1 Lawyer Answer
Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: I am sorry that you are going through what appears to be a very challenging period in your life. That said, I am also sorry that I cannot figure out what it is you really are trying to communicate and what the best approach would be in providing you with the counsel you need. That notwithstanding, I am pretty certain that, at a minimum, you need counsel with a background in social sciences so that s/he may in turn guide you by pointing you in the appropriate direction so as to enable you to seek and secure the services you need. As you indicated, you need serious advice which you noted must precede your legal battle dealing with the traffic tickets. If these tickets are for moving violations as opposed to parking related violations, and if as you indicated there are circumstances which played a role, and apparently a substantial one, in triggering the hitherto and herein referenced moving violations, you may very well be able to negotiate the dismissal and or amendment of charges to something that may not attract big fines and points off your driving record. For example, if your personal and health-related circumstances are indeed responsible for the conduct which caused you to engage in activity which violated the traffic laws and regulations as a result of which you were issued two [2] citations or tickets, your lawyer may very well be able to negotiate an outcome which would place you in a much better position than that which you otherwise are facing absent any consideration for circumstances giving rise to the alleged violations.

Again, I am sorry that I cannot offer you any meaningful answer to the question you posed. Providing you with such would require that you articulate what it is you are being charged with and, because you have alleged what sounds like inducement, figuring out what best suits your matter is going to require more details than you are able to divulge in this public forum. Therefore, I am recommending that you please contact a practitioner who handles traffic-related matters and, if there is a criminal component, someone who has the background, experience and whose practice includes handling criminal traffic offenses.

I wish you the best of luck regarding these traffic matters and, also wish you the best of health. I am sorry my response does not rise to a level that you consider meaningful and therefore urge you to look for and retain competent counsel equipped to handle the type of matters yours is. Again, best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.