Q: My previous employer stop paying workers comp and refuse to take my attorneys calls? I’ve lied to get treatment.

My original orthopedic surgeon retired and my attorney and myself have tirelessly tried to contact my previous employers workers comp to arrange payment for a new care taker, but they never return any of our calls. My last visit to orthopedic surgeon was February of 2014. I have seen other doctors and lied about my injuries because of fear my insurance would not cover it since they were not responsible. I’m tired of the headaches and neck pain and my attorney seem to have given up trying. What options if any do I have. I lost 15% use of my left hand. At least that is what they agreed to.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Most states have things an attorney can do to get treatment. Problem now is showing your treatment you lied about is related. Sit down with your attorney, review what can be done.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.