Lawrenceville, GA asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Probate for South Carolina

Q: Is there an attorney in South Carolina that handles Wills and is there one that you only pay if you win?

My biological nephew was adopted out when he was a baby and his adopted parents have passed away, most recently his adopted dad and he was told that his father was going to leave him 20% of the Will and a couple of weeks ago he was told he's getting nothing and we smell a snake in the grass. He is 20 years old and has absolutely nobody but me to try to help him and I don't know where to tell him to turn. I have called Probate Court and nothing has been filed since he passed away and they do not have a copy of his Will. I found out how to get his death certificate so I think we got that covered and I guess that would be all. Any information would be helpful, thank you. Also, how will it work, because my nephew lives in Augusta, GA and his dad passed away in Aiken, SC right over the GA/SC line?

1 Lawyer Answer
P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA

A: Attorneys are not permitted to solicit business on this forum. I am certain there is an attorney in South Carolina that is right for you, but you are going to have to put in the work to find them. Check out the directory on this website and find some attorneys that practice in the area you are looking for. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.