Concord, CA asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Small Claims for Arizona

Q: My vehicle was hit driver side. No witnesses. My word vs theirs. Ins said 50/50 fault. We both got $1k after fees etc.

Old ins. co. called said they are going to serve me to extend the case past 2 yrs statute of limitations in 1st wk of April 18'. The $1k settlement did not cover all my expenses. I have moved on though. They were taken away in an ambulance but walked to it.

Wondering if I should ALSO sue to keep my side of case open for extra expenses in small claims up to $10K if they are?

Or since they are extending "our" accident case, can I counter sue on their extension?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You say you settled. You say there are fees. If the fees were for a lawyer, ask the lawyer what to do. If you are sued your insurance company needs to know and be involved. They will have a lawyer represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.