Asked in Consumer Law and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: They saw me stealing on camera the last time I was there in a dollar general store. Now, way later are accused & embarr

They searched me had nothing but was told that in my last visit stolen & was caught on camera but no one brought this to my attention. Today I visit they yelled at me to stand an empty my pockets saying I'm a theft and bad mom, embarrassed and holding my fist back. But wait on the cops cause manager was busy(not too busy to accuse a innocent customer and mother!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Don Himmelberg
Don Himmelberg
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Nashville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If you are facing criminal charges, you should consider calling a criminal defense attorney. Even theft of goods under $500 is a Class A misdemeanor in Tennessee, and can carry up to 11 months and 29 days in jail and a $2500 fine. A defense attorney will be able to advise you of your rights and recommend the best course of action

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.