Houston, TX asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Texas

Q: What do I have to do to be divorced and keep what I have?

I haven't lived with my wife for 8 years. We have 3 kids together and all three have lived with me until August of 2017 when my middle child went to live with her. She is living with her boyfriend. Our lives have been totally separate for almost a decade. I'd like to keep the living arrangements the way they are if possible. My oldest and youngest do not want to live with her. What is the easiest and most cost effective way to make this happen?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Fiza Syed
Fiza Syed
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • KATY , TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Get a lawyer to draft up an agreed divorce as long as your wife signs and agrees you can get it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.