Angier, NC asked in Traffic Tickets for North Carolina

Q: 16 yr grandson speeding 86 in 45 Plus racing other car. Can speed be reduced? What should we expect?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Dewar
Kristen Dewar
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Concord, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You should advise your grandson to hire an experienced traffic attorney in the county where he was charged. Your grandson's prior driving record and the District Attorney's office policies will determine whether a reduction is possible. This is 41 over the speed limit, so your grandson is looking a suspension of his driving privileges. I do not recommend your grandson trying to represent himself. You may even see the DA's Office trying to make an example of him, too, due to the extreme high rate of speed. Best option is to hire an experienced traffic attorney who regularly practices in that county to negotiate the best possible deal to try to avoid suspension if possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.