Floral City, FL asked in Foreclosure for South Carolina

Q: I have a timeshare located in South Carolina that I got in 2017. I lost my job and stopped paying. I have now received

A letter for non-judicial judgement. It says, Notice of default and intent to sell. I need to know what my options are if I can’t pay. It says I am not subject to deficiency, but I need to know what actually happens if foreclosure happens. Do I still owe?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
D. Nathan Davis
D. Nathan Davis
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Since the foreclosure is not seeking a deficiency judgment, you will not have to pay the mortgage after the property is sold. You may have liability for unpaid regime fees and assessments.

You are probably experiencing other financial issues, but, if this is reported to the credit bureaus, your credit score may be hurt.

Your situation is probably about as good as it can be at this point, however, keep an eye on your credit reports.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.