Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Georgia

Q: Is it realistic to think straight probation at 33, with no criminal record at all; facing theft by taking of 98,000.00?

He has steady income and living situation and have had this for years. They coach their kids baseball and football teams. Have a wife and 4 boys. He cooperated with the detective and is out on Bond. Since November 11 17 and is yet to be indicted. He knows he will have to pay it back. Is it a dream to think He can obtain probation instead of going to prison? The theft is alleged to have been done using the computer to distribute funds belonging to the employer to needy parties known to him.

1 Lawyer Answer
Forrest Clinton Barbour
Forrest Clinton Barbour
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is going to be incredibly tough unless he can come up with some serious amount to pay back up front. If he doesn't have an attorney, he needs one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.