Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: Being charged with forgery and theft by taken but I did not commit these crimes warrant has been out for over a year

There’s some name as witness but I’ve never heard of this man before in my life needless to say I’m clueless of the charges against me I’ve been an electrician for 17 years fully employed I have no criminal history outside of traffic violations

Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw answered on Feb 17, 2020

It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible. You want to address these charges.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: What happens if you fail to appear in court for aggravated assault and criminal trespass

My boyfriend got arrested in a traffic stop for warrants

David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle answered on Oct 25, 2018

If you fail to appear the Court will issue a bench warrant and forfeit your bond.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Identity Theft and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: Can a person be charged with forgery of a financial credit card if they never used it

The person was in possession of 19 so called fraudulent credit cards but never used them

David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle answered on Aug 7, 2018

Possession of a forged card is a crime if there was intent to defraud someone. The use of the card is an additional crime of financial transaction card fraud, also a felony.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Small Claims and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: Someone stole my personal property worth atleaar $3000 actually more and tried to get police involved no help

No help from law because thief is a rat for police. Property was one bedroom home my disabled husband built after his mother gave it to him when his father passed away, and we moved to property and built and we know who stole it and where it is currently located but police won't do anything. My... Read more »

David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle answered on Aug 1, 2018

If somebody stole from you file a police report and/or file a civil lawsuit against the person.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: Is it realistic to think straight probation at 33, with no criminal record at all; facing theft by taking of 98,000.00?

He has steady income and living situation and have had this for years. They coach their kids baseball and football teams. Have a wife and 4 boys. He cooperated with the detective and is out on Bond. Since November 11 17 and is yet to be indicted. He knows he will have to pay it back. Is it a dream... Read more »

Forrest Clinton Barbour
Forrest Clinton Barbour answered on Mar 29, 2018

It is going to be incredibly tough unless he can come up with some serious amount to pay back up front. If he doesn't have an attorney, he needs one.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: Can I get a statistic of people charge with a similar crime and sentence within my jurisdiction pls advise
William Head
William Head answered on Aug 15, 2017

Yes, from an analysis of other similar cases, from the Clerk of Court. Some are fully automated, and some are not.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: If I have a warrant for my arrest after making a police report that they said is false what should I do?

The report was true and warrant unjustified.

Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin answered on Jun 27, 2017

You should hire a lawyer. If you do nothing, you will eventually be arrested on the outstanding warrant.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: What's other remedy are available for a criminal defendants immediately after direct appeals, is there time limit

What's the next line of action if a direct appeal is denied and is motion for reconsideration and remodification/ reducetion of sentence possible after direct appeals is denied

William Head
William Head answered on Apr 1, 2017

If at the Court of Appeals, 10 days to file notice of seeking certiorari to the Georgia Supreme Court.

Possible other path to federal court, but too complicated and rare to discuss, and is limited to some special, federal issues.

As far as altering a sentence after remittitur to the...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: I got hacked in a game and i know who it is can i accuse him? I have sufficet proof shuch as ip addresses and pictues
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 26, 2015

This question has remained unanswered on this forum for about two years. I hope you have found an answer by now. You have not indicated much here, there are not enough facts given. But if you think a crime was committed, you report it to the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.