Asked in Immigration Law

Q: Hello. i left the usa wih a voluntery departure in 2012. ıs that mean i can never get a visa again?

when i was usa i filled the form I-539 for reinstatement the status and one and half year later my case was approved. and i lived the states in 2012. yesterday i applied for a visa and bur i m refused. the officer said that i live the satate with a voluntery departure. how can i show them that my case was approved?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stanley Dale Radtke
Stanley Dale Radtke
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Leandro, CA

A: The short answer to your question is to make a FOIA request for you alien file, unless you have retained your documents that show you were reinstated.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.