Great Falls, SC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for South Carolina

Q: if a temp. custody order was granted and the case was dismissed ... shouldnt i have my child back

my daughters paternal grandma had a temp custody order granted to her in 2008 .. it was dismissed in 2009... i do not have my daughter back, she collects child support via scdss from me on my daughter, she withholds that temp order's visitation rights from me and also locked my daughter away in a mental institution and never informed me. i discovered it in my daughters email. my daughter is 11. she also allows my daughter to go off to school sporting events with her boyfriend who talks sexually to my daughter through school email that i got into. i am worried about the well being of my child and want custody back. if the order is dismissed doesnt that mean i can go get her whenever i want with that dismissal and take my child back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: The better approach would be to file a case in family court seeking return of your daughter and dismissal of child support action and naming grandmother and SCDSS as defendants

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.