Saint Joseph, MO asked in Bankruptcy

Q: I took out a loan to pay professional bankruptcy document preparing company to do my paperwork so it would be done right

I have to file my bankruptcy myself because I can’t afford an attorney.I need to know what local forms I need to fill out in addition to these.I also need to know how many payments I have to make on that loan before I can include it in the bankruptcy

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Timothy Denison

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You have to wait a minimum of 60 days before they can be included, although the court could find it to be non-dischargeable bc you obtained it knowing you were going to file bankruptcy. You have to file the Petition, Notice of Chapters of Bankruptcy, Statement of Affairs, Statement of Kntention, Schedules A-J, summary of Assets, Declaration of Schedules, statementof SSN, Statement of CMI/ Means test, Verdi of creditormatrix, creditor matrix, plus any specific local forms required by your specific jurisdiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.