Hialeah, FL asked in Probate for Florida

Q: How do I get my money from probate estate released to me?

My father died when I was young I was suppose to get the money at 18 but my mother ask the court for guardianship of the estate they granted it but said for me to come back to terminate it now shes unreachable I'm 21 and I dont know how to get my money. My mother is the guardian of the estate and now she is unreachable. I havent been able to get into contact with her for the last 2 months. She needed to sign a paper and it was the last step to getting the money released but she didn't. Her lawyer has also not been able to contact her so now her lawyer says she has to drop the case. What can I do to get the money released?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jennifer Isaksen
Jennifer Isaksen
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Bushnell, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: It's hard to say without reviewing the documents that have already been filed, but the Judge should be able to hear the matter and make a decision to terminate the guardianship. You will need to hire an attorney to assist you. Best of Luck! Jennifer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.