Goshen, IN asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Indiana

Q: I'm 16 years old living in Elkhart Indiana. Can I move out of my parents house without their consent.

I make a stabile income. I am online homeschooled, and do keep descent grades. I have a stable housing offer. I am fairly responsible (I'm not perfect) But I feel I could do decently on my own. So again, my question is can I move out, with taking legal action, without consent, and without being force back home?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn

A: This is not a patent question. Justia needs to revise their topics to make it Patent/inventions as Patents looks a lot like Parents. You may want to drop the patent topic from this question

Good luck.

Kevin E Flynn

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.