Dyersburg, TN asked in Tax Law for Tennessee

Q: What can I do if my past employer refuses to send the irs my w2 form?

Past employer refuses to talk to me. I have my last paycheck stub from the past employer. I spoke with the irs today and they still have not received it even tho they requested it. Past employer is in st. Louis, mo

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Burlington, CT

A: If you have your final paystub and believe that the information is accurate on your paystub, you can use that to file your return. You will need to send a copy of the last paystub to the IRS along with a letter explaining why you are using this to file your return. The IRS will then investigate. It will likely take longer to receive any refund if any is due to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.