Arlington, TX asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas

Q: I payed a ticket with deferred adjudication two months ago but received a letter about it.

The letter asked me to appear for a show cause hearing but I payed for my ticket with my defferred adjunction. The letter even says “BALANCE DUE: $.00”. What exactly happened and how do I fix it?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roxann Pais Cotroneo
Roxann Pais Cotroneo
  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need to immediately contact the Court Clerk and ask them. There may a problem with their court software. Be prepared to show payment proof within the ordered time period to the Court Clerk or the Judge. Do not ignore this notice. If you do not resolve this issue before or on your show cause hearing date, a warrant may be issued.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.