East Weymouth, MA asked in Criminal Law and Elder Law for Massachusetts

Q: I applied to a ride share company and they ran a CORI on me. I failed for unresolved cases.

There were 4 cases for larceny by check back in 1978. How do I resolve this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Neyman Esq.
Stephen Neyman Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • North Andover, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Unresolved cases usually mean that you are in default and that the cases are still open. You will need to go into that court, remove the defaults and resolve the cases. I strongly advise you to have a lawyer with you. Cases that are that old are often difficult for the prosecution to prove. However, some judges might give you a hard time for failing to honor your court obligations. I hope this answers your question. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.