Queen Creek, AZ asked in Workers' Compensation and Medical Malpractice for Arizona

Q: I've been scheduled for a IME with the same Dr. that did the IME that closed my case. Can I request a different IME Dr?

This IME closes nearly all cases he is involved in?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Friedman
Joel Friedman
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: You can ask, but the carrier has the right to choose it's own doctor. You probably don't want someone new anyway. You may feel free to call me at 602-687-9211 (office) or 602-492-5331 (cell). I have 2 appointments this afternoon and I'm not available after 5:15, so it may be tomorrow before I can talk to you. Thank you

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.