San Jose, CA asked in Criminal Law, Education Law and Libel & Slander for Georgia

Q: What to do when slanderd, restriction of education, assault

I’m in high school and theirs a ongoing investigation to see if I stole something or not. I did not steal the items I’m accused of. But my teacher is constantly telling students and other teachers that I’m a thief (isn’t that consistent slander?) because now people look at me differently. I’m being excluded from school activities like I’m being removed from programs for her lies. Also she refusing to teach me. She kicked me out of class with no work to do so now she’s taking away my education. Also the first time she kicked me out of class she slammed the door and It him me (assault). What should I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You can file a law suit alleging slander. You will have to prove the teacher made an untrue statement and you suffered damages as a result. If you are in fact under investigation, that fact is true.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.