Fort Worth, TX asked in Adoption for Mississippi

Q: I was wondering if there is anyway to go about reversing an adoption?

My step son was removed from his father 3 years ago when he was a fee days from full custody because his mom called and said she couldn't afford them being at her house. The biological mother had DHS take the kids in the first place. The child and father have a healthy relationship and was never even consulted about adoption or given a chance to speak up. We want our little boy home with us.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: First and foremost, it is possible to reverse an adoption, but only in very particular circumstances. In other words, although it is possible, it is only done in very rare circumstances. Your best bet would be to contact a family law attorney to discuss the facts of the case, as well as the circumstances speaking as to why the father was not involved, preferably sooner rather than later.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.