Conway, AR asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Arkansas

Q: Once you file a Warning Order and the Defendant doesn't respond. Can the judge handle matter's dealing with children?

I am the biological mother and defendant is not but on the birth certificate. She has a no contact order for slapping child across the face at 17 months old

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Lane Hughes
Richard Lane Hughes
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Yes. However, the Judge will still be guided by "the best interests of the child(ren)."

That is, a court what is best for the kids regardless of a default by a parent.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.