Brockton, MA asked in Criminal Law for Massachusetts

Q: How to clear warrant for not finishing community service. Grandson went to Recovery America for substance abuse.

Grandson arrested for Tagging in Brighton MA. Sentanced to 18m or Community Service. He was strung out on drugs we sent him to Recovery America for help. They sent him to Calif. He is two years sober and wants to clear things and get new start. He is still in Calif. What can we do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ismail Mohammed
Ismail Mohammed
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Hello,

First let me command him for getting sober and maintaining it. In order to remove a default warrant, he would need to physically be here and go to court to remove it. If he's able to show that he attended a program and is maintaining his sobriety, it is unlikely that the court will hold him in custody for not showing up to court.

All the best,

Ismail Mohammed, Esq.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.