Palm Bay, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: What is the worst that could happen if I violated my probation 1time first felony ever 1 lil mistake in 12months

I failed 1 drug test in my drug consoling class for meth and xanex..the judge agreed to just modify me to do an extra 16classes and they drug tested me again and I had xanex in my system which I tried to explain I had been prescribed them for 10years and for a yr I couldn't afford to pay 350$ to go see him to get more due to a bad car accident I was involved in a yr prior and was hospitalized and my car was totalled and I had a lawyer working on my case hard for a year so I could not afford to go back so I had plenty of xanex saved up b.c I knew I wouldn't be able to work and pay..and the consoler also told my PO I was abusing Subutex when you don't even get "high" off them so how could anyone abuse them..I was prescribed pain meds for 10years due to many many injuries but I made the smarter and better choice to switch to a drug nobody could abuse and wouldn't ruin anyone's life.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Celso Gonzalez
Michael Celso Gonzalez pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Believe it or not the court can sentence you up to the maximum allowable by law which for a third degree felony is 5 years, 2nd degree felony 15, 1st degree 30 years and life for a life felony. So testing positive for marijuana could get you prison time. The violation must be willfull and substantial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.